compensation: $65 - $85k plus benefits. employment type: full-time job title: Production Manager
QR Code Link to This Post
Production Manager, Brownsville, TX
A leading ship dismantler and recycler in Brownsville, TX is seeking an exceptionally strong Production Manager to join their team. Reporting to the General Manager, the Production Manager will be responsible to direct, manage, coordinate and monitor daily activities of a team responsible for ship breaking and yard operations.
· Ensure a safe workplace. Lead by example.
· Optimize resource utilization by implementation of an effective production organization, including supervising and motivating the team of supervisors and analyzing daily reports.
· Ensure planned KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators) of efficiency and performance are met or exceeded.
· Complete weekly reports on all vessels.
· Control and coordination of all activities on each vessel, including:
· Control and coordination of all activities in the yard, Including:
· Yard Cutting
· Operation of Machinery
· Shipping and Receiving
· Draft production schedules for each project.
· Monitor the production process adjusting the schedule as needed.
· Draft, track, and report on projected schedules for each project.
· Coordinate, set up and implement standard operating procedure for all production operations.
· Hold meetings with supervisors on a weekly basis.
· Communicate with team to provide on-the-job training and assistance as needed.
· Drive continuous improvement through the implementation of the change management process and best practices.
· Ensure that the Environmental, Health and Safety guidelines are followed.
· Maintain company excellence and compliance by working with managers to implement company policies and goals. Function as part of the management team and align with core values to meet company policies and goals, escalating and reporting issues that require further assistance as appropriate.
· Plan, participate and actively contribute to internal and external business meetings as needed.
· Walk the facilities daily to ensure follow-up on plans, verify execution, ensure conformance to standards, and monitor inventories.
· Treat employees, customers, suppliers, etc. professionally, respectfully, and courteously.
· Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering. Consideration will be given to a Bachelor’s Degree in Business.
· 5+ years’ experience working in production management.
· 5+ years’ experience working in an industrial setting.
· Fluent in Spanish.
· Demonstrated working knowledge in Continuous Improvement/Lean Manufacturing practices and principles.
· Ability to effectively lead change and convey a forward-looking perspective in motivating, inspiring and managing people.
· Ability to create and/or foster a leadership environment that is conducive to teamwork and personal development of the team’s members.
· Proven ability to effectively lead teams and align resources to meet business objectives.
What we can Offer:
· A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses and benefits.
· Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
· Working in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
· Opportunities to grow and learn within the industry.
· 401(k) matching
· Dental insurance
· Health insurance
· Life insurance
· Paid time off
· Relocation assistance
· Vision insurance
· Day shift
· Weekends as needed
Scrap Metal Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer that encourages applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, minorities and other protected groups.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Do NOT contact this job poster with unsolicited services or offers.